Making Changes to a Birth Record

How do I change the name or correct an error on a Wisconsin Birth Record (spelling error, error on any dates, etc)?

  • Contact the State of Wisconsin Vital Records office at 608-266-1373. The State will assist you with this change for a Birth record that is under 12 months old. They will provide you with an Amendment Packet for a Birth record that is over 12 months old.

How do I add the Father’s name on a Birth record?