Genealogists are welcome to come into the St Croix County Register of Deeds office during their office hours to search the Vital Records indexes which date back to the 1850's. Searchers will need to complete an application form and present valid Driver's License or State Issued Photo ID.
Vital Statistics Regulations and Office Rules
- Sign in at the front desk and leave by 4:30 p.m.
- Use only pencils.
- No CAMERAS, cell phones, scanners, laptop computers, purses, briefcases, food or drinks are allowed. Ask Registrar for approval.
- No children under 12 will be allowed in the records area.
- Don’t write on, alter, mutilate or destroy any records.
- Paging thru vital records is strictly prohibited.
- Be respectful to others and work quietly.
- Report any damages to records or inappropriate searching.
- Only search the family names indicated on your application form. If your search leads to the need to research additional family names, consult with Registrar.
- Unless approved prior to 4:30 p.m. copies will not be made after 4:30 p.m.
- Remember the materials are old and delicate. Have clean hands, be gentle, use care, and ask for assistance.
Naturalization Papers can be found at the UWRF Archives. For more information, visit the UWRF Archives website.
The Wisconsin Historical Society also has Immigration records. For more information, visit the Wisconsin Historical Society website.