Register in Probate
REGISTER IN PROBATE NOTICE REGARDING FILING AND PAYMENT (effective March 30, 2020)
The Register in Probate office coordinates and manages the judicial duties and administrative functions of the probate court and the juvenile court:
- All formal probate files and administrative proceedings
- Guardianships and Protective Placements
- Civil Commitments
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Wills for Safekeeping
Register in Probate Can’t Give Legal Advice
Register in Probate office staff can not give legal advice. Contact our office for filing fee information.
- Please contact an attorney if you have legal questions
- Free legal clinic: A public service from the St. Croix Valley Bar Association
St. Croix County Government Center
1101 Carmichael Rd
Hudson, WI 54016
- When: Third Wednesday evening of every month
- Time: 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Need to find out if a will has been filed or a probate has been started? That information can be found on Wisconsin Court System’s Circuit Court Access
- Additional state court forms can be found on Wisconsin Court System or see individual topic pages on this site for a direct connection to topic specific forms.
Notice: Probate case and adult guardianship case eFiling is now mandatory for mandatory eFiling users. Minor guardianship, termination of parental rights, adoption and juvenile cases are also mandatory case types for mandatory eFiling users. Please see the Wisconsin Court System’s website for eFiling information.