Malnutrition can cause muscle loss, dizziness, and increase your risk of falls. The Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) of St. Croix County provides a variety of nutrition services for older adults to promote a healthy lifestyle. One of these services is the Stepping Up Your Nutrition Workshop. This workshop is a partnership with the ADRC and Registered Dieticians with St. Croix County Public Health. The workshop consist of two one-hour sessions and where attendees can learn:
- How nutrition affects risk of falling
- Why muscle matters
- How to get enough protein and fluids
- What you can do to eat better and improve your health
The workshop will be held at the Hudson Senior Center. High protein snacks will be served as part of the program. To register, please call: 715-381-4363
- Tuesdays, June 21 and June 28 (Please attend both sessions)
- 10:15 — 11:15 am
- Hudson Senior Center - 502 County Rd UU Hudson, WI 54016
Senior Farmers Market Vouchers
To help older adults get access to nutritious food, the ADRC provides Senior Farmers Market Vouchers.
The ADRC has a limited number of $25 farmer's market voucher packets available for St. Croix County residents who are ages 60 and up and meet income requirements. These vouchers can be used to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables from any approved farmer’s market vendor in the state of Wisconsin. One $25 voucher packet per household.
How to Request Voucher
Vouchers will NOT be available for pickup at the ADRC office. Read the eligibility requirements below. If you meet the eligibility requirements follow these steps:
- Call 715-381-4360 and ask for the ADRC Outreach Coordinator.
- A one-page form will be mailed to you.
- Complete, sign, and return the form using the paid postage envelope that came with the form.
To be eligible to receive vouchers you must be:
- A resident of St. Croix County
- 60+ years old (55+ years old if Native American)
- Meet the listed income guidelines below:
|Family Size||Monthly Income|
For each additional household member, add $728 monthly.
More information can be found on the St. Croix County website or by contacting the ADRC.
AGING & DISABILITY RESOURCE CENTER OF ST. CROIX COUNTY – empowers & supports older adults, people who have a disability and their families by serving as a central source of information, assistance, support, and access to community resources.