Who do I contact if a rock hits my windshield?

The St. Croix County Highway Department is not responsible for damage to vehicles caused by loose gravel or shoulder material kicked up by motorists. These are categorized as typical road hazards and are not reimbursable. Motorists that receive damage to vehicles while traveling need to report their loss to their insurance companies. Insurance is a requirement to drive on Wisconsin highways.

Temporary Signs

The Department erects temporary signs when normal or routine maintenance activities are occurring to warn motorists to take appropriate caution/action.

If you have any questions, please contact the St. Croix County Highway Department at 715-245-4200.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a dead deer?
2. How do I apply for a position at the Highway Department?
3. What is the County doing about the weeds?
4. Who do I contact if a rock hits my windshield?
5. Is there County Tourist Orientated Directional Sign program?
6. May I plant in the County Highway Right of Way?
7. Where do I place my refuse (garbage and recycle) container on pick up day?
8. What happens if agricultural equipment damages a road?
9. Who do I call if the snowplow hits my mailbox?
10. What are the guidelines for temporary signs along a roadway?
11. May I push snow over the road?