St. Croix County is partnering with the Family Resource Center of the St. Croix Valley to host a series of peer-led, recovery-focused groups at the Services Center in New Richmond. These cafes are intended for parents in Pierce, Polk, or St. Croix Counties with young children up to kindergarten age. The cafe will focus on the recovery process, including recovery from addiction and mental health conditions.
- Friday, February 16
- 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- St. Croix County Services Center - 1752 Dorset Lane New Richmond, WI
These cafés are free. Childcare and a meal will be provided. Attendees will receive a $20 gas card and be entered in a drawing for a chance to win a raffle basket. Registration is required and limited spots are available. Please register through the Family Resource Center website or call the Family Resource Center at: 715-684-4440.
About the Café
Members of St. Croix County’s Comprehensive Community Services Team sat down with River Channel to talk about their work with the Recovering Together Cafés. Learn more about these cafés in this video.
Join us and meet others on a similar path, receive dedicated support and a chance to heal with this program! Find ways to embrace change in various aspects of your life. Some questions/topics for discussion at this café are:
- How does honesty contribute positively to your friendships?
- How have your social surroundings changed throughout your recovery?
- Who has been the most positive influence in your life? How?
- What parts of your daily routine are like a workout?
- What are your physical goals? What would be your first step?
- When you are feeling well, how does it relate to your mental and emotional wellbeing?
Recovery can be from many different types of addictions or trauma such as:
- Substance Abuse
- Mental Health
- Eating Disorder
- Unhealthy Relationships
- Medical Crisis
- or other Trauma
The Family Resource Center St. Croix Valley is a non-profit organization that offers free parent education and family support to families in Pierce, Polk, and St. Croix Counties.