Recycling Collection Events
Many items can be recycled, but do not belong in your curbside bin or town's drop-off center.
Learn about county-sponsored collection event details below. Check back for updates of future events, dates, and times.
These collection events are open to all residents of St. Croix County.
Can't make it to a collection event? check out our A-Z Recycling & Disposal Guide for more disposal resources.
Couldn't make the county's special collection event?
Bring your appliance or electronics to the Town of Richmond's recycling center any Saturday throughout the year.
St. Croix County hosts Appliance and Electronics Recycling Events at several locations throughout the County.
Upcoming Appliance and Electronic Collection Events
- May of 2024 - check back for details in February
- Somerset Recycling Center
748 State Road 35, Somerset
- Woodville Fire Hall
216 River Street, Woodville
Disposal of most appliances are $10 and under. For a full list of the costs view the fee list from JR’s Advanced Recyclers below. Payment must be by Cash or Check Only made out to JRs Advanced Recyclers.
Appliances include, but are not limited to:
- Air conditioners and furnaces
- Clothes washers and dryers
- Dehumidifiers / humidifiers
- Electric / gas ranges and stoves
- Grills, chain saws and power tools
- Microwaves and dishwashers
- Propane tanks (1# and 20#)
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Trash compactors and garbage disposals
- Vacuum cleaners and sewing machines
- Water heaters and water softeners
Electronics include, but are not limited to:
- CD Players
- Cell Phones & Telephones
- Computers / Laptops / Monitors
- Keyboard / Mouse
- Modem (External)
- Printers / Scanners / Copiers / Faxes
- Radios / Stereos
- UPS / Battery Backups
- Vacuum Cleaners
- VCR / DVD Players
Couldn’t make it to Clean Sweep?
LRI provides residents with an alternative drop-off option for household and commercial hazardous waste disposal all year-round.
They are certified to dispose of hazardous waste, lamps/ballast, electronics, batteries, medical/dental waste, and PFAS related waste.
Logistics Recycling Inc. | 920-456-0336
Call for an appointment and disposal fees.
St. Croix County residents may also attend Polk County's Clean Sweep events.
2024 St. Croix County Hazardous Waste Collection Event
- The next Clean Sweep event will be held in the fall of 2024 - check back in the spring for details
St. Croix County Highway Shop | 666 E Hwy 12, Town of Hudson
- Households don’t need to pre-register
- Households will only be charged for paints and stains (more details below)
Farms must register waste materials using this fillable form (PDF).
Email the form to the County’s Recycling Specialist
Then the recycling specialist will contact you to set-up a drop-off appointment on ______
The first 500 pounds are free. You will be charged for additional material.
$5/gallon container for all paints / stains will apply to farms (more details below).
For Businesses and Churches
With a new hazardous waste vendor in our county, businesses and churches no longer need to attend the fall Clean Sweep. Do not go to the event.
The county recommends Logistics Recycling (LRI) as a resource to facilitate proper hazardous waste disposal but does not cover costs.
- Business and church hazardous waste collection is a fee-based service
- Appointments can be made with LRI any time of year
Register your waste materials with LRI using this fillable form (PDF). Then LRI will call you to set-up a drop-off appointment in Somerset.
Logistics Recycling Inc. 920-456-0336
Accepted Hazardous Waste
Clean Sweep accepts the following items for free except those marked in bold:
- Aerosol cans
- Air fresheners
- Cement and glues
- Cleaners and spot removers
- Corrosives and lye
- Drain and toilet bowl cleaners
- Weed killer and fertilizers with weed killer
- Fluorescent bulbs and tubes
- Household re-chargeable batteries
- Mercury thermometers and thermostats
- Oil filters
- Old fuel
- Paint & Stain ($5 per 1-gallon or smaller / $25 per 5-gallon pail)
- Fees are based on can size, not the volume in the can. Combine can contents of same paint type to save money (example: combine all latex paint together but do not combine with oil paint)
- Paint stripper and solvents
- Pesticides, insecticides, and herbicides
- Roofing tar and driveway sealant
- Shellac, varnish, urethane, polyurethane
- Vape pens
Read the DNR's Household Hazardous Waste Management Guide for a more complete list of proper disposal methods for items that should be brought to Clean Sweep, thrown in the trash or flushed down the drain.
Recyclable Waste Not Accepted at Clean Sweep
Check our A-Z Recycling & Disposal Guide for more options.
- Appliances (bring to the Town of Richmond's recycling center or to special county collection events in May and September)
- Electronics (bring to the Town of Richmond's recycling center or to special county collection events in May and September)
- Tires (bring to the Town of Richmond's recycling center or to the special collection event in September)
- Automotive batteries (check with your local battery retailer or auto service center)
- Motor oil (check with your local auto service center)
- Biological & medical waste, needles & sharps (check with your local hospitals or medical clinics)
- Prescriptions drugs (bring to local police station)
- Explosives — gunpowder, ammunition & fireworks
(bring to your local police department)
- Spray foam insulation cylinders — only if completely empty (take to a scrap metal recycle site or return to manufacturer)
- Smoke detectors - mail back to manufacturer or bring to the Appliance + Electronics collection events in May and September
View The EPA's Safer Choice website for non-hazardous alternatives for many types of household and automotive cleaners.
View our Non-Toxic Alternatives page for cleaning and pest control options.
Couldn't make the county's special collection event?
Bring your tires to the Town of Richmond's recycling center any Saturday throughout the year.
Due to rising event costs, there will only be ONE county-sponsored tire collection event.
Upcoming Tire Collection Events
- Check back in February for 2024 special collection event dates
- Town of Richmond Recycling Center
- 1428 100th Street, New Richmond | open from 8am - 1pm
Payment must be by Cash or Check Only made out to JRs Advanced Recyclers.